Having trusted Christ as my Lord and Savior, having been baptized, and being in agreement with the values and ideas presented by Emmanuel Church, I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the Emmanuel Church family. In doing so, I affirm to God and my fellow church members that:
- I am connecting to my church by:
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Acts 2:42
- Attending a weekend service and small group faithfully.
- Engaging with God through daily spiritual disciplines.
- Giving regularly.
Let us not neglect our meeting together...but encourage one another. Hebrews 10:25
But whatever happens, make sure that your everyday life is worthy of the Gospel of Christ. Philippians 1:27
- I am protecting the unity of my church by:
So let us concentrate on the things which make for harmony, and on the growth of our fellowship together. Romans 14:19
- Acting in love toward others.
- Refusing to gossip.
- Trusting the leaders.
Live in complete harmony with each other—each with the attitude of Christ toward each other. Romans 15:5
Have a sincere love for other believers, love one another earnestly with all your heart. 1 Peter 1:22
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs. Ephesians 4:29
Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you. Hebrews 13:17
- I am sharing the responsibility of my church by:
To the church...we always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. 1 Thessalonians 1:1–2
- Praying for its growth and health.
- Inviting those far from God to attend.
- Warmly welcoming our guests.
Go out into the country...and urge anyone you find to come in, so that the house will be full. Luke 14:23
So, warmly welcome each other into the church, just as Christ has warmly welcomed you; then God will be glorified. Romans 15:7
- I am making an impact in the ministry of my church by:
Serve one another with the particular gifts God has given each of you. 1 Peter 4:10
- Discovering my gifts and passions.
- Using my God-given gifts to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Stepping in when there is a need.
So Christ Himself gave...pastors and teachers, to equip His people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up. Ephesians 4:11–12
Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus did. Philippians 2:4–5
If you would like to commit click here »
*So we can apply the commitment to the correct person, login is required.